by Hollyanna Bates
CCIRA has been here for educators for over 50 years. There have been many challenges along the way, but CCIRA has remained strong. This past year has been full of surprises and innovation as educators navigate new ways of working with students using remote platforms. Through the pandemic, CCIRA is here, ready to connect you to professional networks and to provide access to quality professional development.
Our blog has been providing quick and easy PD since its inception three years ago. Educators across the country subscribe and often repost on social media channels. Each year our readership grows, expanding the reach of CCIRA. The posts this year have been some of the best. There has been a steady stream of thoughtful and helpful responses to teaching online. Below you will find the Top 5 Blog Posts of 2020, listed by order of popularity.
1. Reading in a Pandemic: How Did It Suddenly Become So Difficult? by Carol Jago
2. The Fab 4 Comprehension Strategies: Accelerating Reading NOW! by Lori Oczcus
3. An Essential Tools for All Readers by Gail Boushey and Alison Behne
4. Who Will Sound the Alarm by Lester Laminack
5. Entering Stories Through Mood by Trevor Bryan